Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bhajia - Perfect Snack

While growing up my mom used to make this healthy snack for my sister and myself as a snack when we came home from school. Now I cook this for my daughter who really enjoys it with her friends.Bhajia can be made with any vegetables which is in season.
One time I brought this for my potluck to my work and my friends  really liked it.One of my co -worker cooked this for her family who came to visit her from Hawaii and they really enjoyed it as an appetizer.

Bhajia


Ingredients
1 cup besan (chick pea flour)
1/2 cup  self -rising flour
1 small potato grated
1 small carrot grated
5 oz frozen spinach (deforested and squeeze out all the liquid)
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 green peppers
salt to taste
1/4 cup water
oil for frying

Method
1. Mix besan, flour,potato,carrot spinach  in a bowl.
2. Add peppers.garlic and salt.Mix it well.
3. Add water and mix everything together.
4. Heat oil in dutch oven or a big skillet. Take a little bit of the mixture into your hand and make it into balls or use and ice-cream scope to drop it into the oil on a medium low heat.
5. cook until golden brown.Drain it on a paper towel.Serve this with ketchup or any dipping sauce.

Other vegetables such as cabbage,mushrooms,and bell peppers can also be used .I hope you will try this out and please leave me comment

No comments:

Post a Comment