Sunday, October 13, 2013

Kale with Cannelli Beans

Kale is  supper nutritious  ans is widely available during this cold months.Kale is really easy to prepare and it can be prepared in many different ways.Cannelli beans is good for  diabetic people since it regulates blood sugar and it also helps prevent heart disease.I cooked kale with cannelli  beans because I really need to eat healthy since I recently had a procedure done for my heart.I try to come up easy and simple recipe that is also healthy for my body. Try this recipe out and please let me know the outcome and if you have any heart healthy recipe please let me know.

Ingredients
1 bunch kale
1/2 cup cannelli beans.
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 Serrano peppers
1/2 of an  onion chopped
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds

Preparation
Wash and clean kale.Take the leaves off the stem and cut in roughly.
Rinse beans if using from the can

Method
1.Heat oil add in cumin,let it pop the add in onion and cook it for a couple of minutes than add in garlic,pepper and cook it for another minute.
2.Add in kale ,mix i,t let it cook for couple of minutes then add in beans  with chilli flakes salt , nutmeg and water.Cover and it let for few minutes.
3.Serve with roti ,paratha or with rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment