Sunday, October 7, 2012

Biscuit Flat Bread

One day when I came home from work, I saw my daughter sitting on the coach eating a bag of chips.Then I looked in the refrigerator I saw a packet of biscuit buttermilk, feeling hungry and tired I decided to make a flat bread . This bread is very healthy and tasty and more important I used what ever was in my refrigerator and in  my pantry.
Ingredients
1 buttermilk biscuit
1 head of roasted garlic
1/2   tomatoes  seeded and cut in small pieces
1 cup red bell pepper cut in small pieces
1 cup green bell pepper cut in small pieces
1/4 finely cut or shredded  lettuces
cheese
 3 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation
1.Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.Open the biscuit and roll it out with a rolling pin about 1/4 inch thin.  Place the dough on the cookie sheet.Squeeze out the garlic and mix it in the oil and then brush it on the dough. Place it in the oven for about 5 minutes.
2.Take out the biscuit dough and then spread the cheese ,bell peppers, and put it back in the oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
3.take it out of the oven and spread the shredded lettuce and tomatoes.And some salt and black pepper (optional).
This flat bread is very quick and easy to make, is affordable,and chicken, shrimp,  olives and mushrooms can also be added to make it a meal. Any kind of pesto can be substituted for olive and garlic spread.Enjoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment