Friday, April 1, 2016

Collard Greens with coconut

Coconut is widely used by the people of Fiji because it is  the second main export of Fiji.I used collard greens because that is what I had on Hand.I love veggies and I try to incorporate the Fijian into my dishes.Just take any greens cook it with onion and garlic and after a while add in shredded coconut.

Ingredient
1 bag of defrosted collard greens
3 serrano pepers chopped
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
salt to taste
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon olive oil

Method

1 Heat oil in a pan,add in  cumin  let it splutter and  then add  onion cook it until translucent,add in garlic and Serrano peppers  and cook it for a minute.
2  Add in greens,chili flakes,and salt ,mix it around  cook it until it is almost done.
3 Add in coconut  stir it around and cook it for few minutes. Enjoy with roti,or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment